Did You Know?
Research by Dr. Suzan Smith
Consider these facts:
- Back pain is second only to the common cold as a reason for missed work days.
- Back problems are the leading cause of disability for Americans under age 45.
- 80% of Americans will suffer from back pain at some point in their lives.
- Headaches are the most common ailment in the United States.
- Doctors of Chiropractic will treat more than 20 million patient this year.
- Nationally, the percentage of the US population who has used chiropractic
services has increased from 5% in 1980 to over 45% in the late 1990's.
The primary reason that patients seek chiropractic care is for illnesses related
to back pain, headaches, or neck pain. Another common complaint is pain in the
upper or lower extremities.
Typical sources for these complaints are activities of daily living, motor
vehicle accidents, overuse/repetitive stress, work, and sports/exercise.
I regularly review research on health related topics available on the Internet.
I have summarized topics I find interesting in the section below.
If you want to skip the summaries, you may examine the source documents
using these links: